Getting Started: Credit: Beth Larranaga
Welcome to Caltech Accessibility Services for Students (CASS).
Caltech is committed to maintaining a diverse academic community, and welcoming individuals with a broad spectrum of talents and experiences to its campus and programs. Students with disabilities, actively participating in all aspects of the Caltech experience, are an essential part of that diversity.
CASS will make every reasonable effort to provide
academic adjustments and other reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified
students with known disabilities, consistent with Caltech's obligations under
applicable law; including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990,
and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Our goal is to provide
students with disabilities equal access to all Institute programs, activities
and services. To that end, we seek to balance the student's right to access
with our obligation to protect the integrity of Institute programs, activities
Deadlines for Incoming Undergraduates:
- For placement exam accommodations: May 29, 2020
- Housing accommodations: July 12, 2020
- Fall Term academic accommodations: September 1, 2020
If you are a returning student registered with CASS, and wish to renew a housing accommodation for the upcoming year, please contact us with your request by then.
If you are not registered, but wish to request a new housing accommodation, please complete the registration form and submit all relevant medical documentation by March 9, 2020 for full consideration.
Information about the registration process and relevant forms can be found below. We hope you will contact us if you have any questions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org | 626.395.6352 (undergraduates) | 626.395.6346 (graduate students)
Dr. Lesley Nye, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Students and Accessibility Services Coordinator
Beth Larranaga, Office Manager - Dean of Undergraduate Students
Dr. Kate McAnulty, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Accessibility Services Coordinator
Jacob Dalton, Administrative Assistant, Dean of Graduate Studies Office
1. Complete the CASS Registration Form
2. Complete and sign the Medical Consent Form (if required), and give it to your licensed health care provider.
3. Submit supporting documentation completed by a qualified licensed health care provider.
4. Request a meeting with CASS to facilitate interactive process for evaluating reasonable accommodation.
5. Student will be notified by CASS of decision and right to appeal if accommodation is denied
6. If academic accommodations are granted, provide CASS Accommodation letter to affected faculty7. If service, or emotional support animal, is approved sign the Service or Emotional Support Animal Agreement*
Forms and/or Instructions for:
- Campus Map with ADA Information pdf
- Disability and Reasonable Accommodation
*Please remember that authorization for a service or emotional support animals in Caltech housing must be renewed every year.