Virtual drop-in hours: Wednesdays from 12-1 pm (during academic terms)
Students, staff, and faculty are welcome to visit CASS on Zoom during our virtual drop-in hours for quick questions about accommodations, accessibility, and registration with CASS. Participants are admitted individually from a virtual waiting room, and are only visible to the host.
Please contact us beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any accommodations for this meeting, or have any questions.
Welcome to Caltech Accessibility Services for Students (CASS)!
Caltech is committed to maintaining a diverse academic community, and welcoming individuals with a broad spectrum of talents and experiences to its campus and programs. Students with disabilities, actively participating in all aspects of the Caltech experience, are an essential part of that diversity.
CASS will make every reasonable effort to provide
academic adjustments and other reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified
students with known disabilities, consistent with Caltech's obligations under
applicable law; including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990,
and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Our goal is to provide
students with disabilities equal access to all Institute programs, activities
and services. To that end, we seek to balance the student's right to access
with our obligation to protect the integrity of Institute programs, activities
Information about the registration process and relevant forms can be found below. Please contact us if you have any questions.
1. Complete the CASS Registration Form (fillable)
2. Complete and sign the Medical Consent Form (if required), and give it to your licensed health care provider.
3. Submit supporting documentation completed by a qualified licensed health care provider. See forms/instructions below.
4. Request a meeting with CASS to facilitate interactive process for evaluating reasonable accommodation.
5. Student will be notified by CASS of decision and right to appeal if accommodation is denied6. If a service or emotional support animal is approved, sign the Service or Emotional Support Animal Agreement*
Forms and/or Instructions for:
- Campus Map with ADA Information pdf
- Disability and Reasonable Accommodation Policy
*Please remember that authorization for a service or emotional support animal in Caltech housing must be renewed every year.